The Apache IvyDE project is pleased to announce its 2.2.0 beta1 release.
The Apache IvyDE Eclipse plugin integrates Apache Ivy's dependency management into Eclipse. It lets you manage your dependencies declared in an ivy.xml in your Java Eclipse projects, or any other kind of project which needs dependency management. Apache IvyDE will contribute to the classpath of your Java project or you can make it retrieve your dependencies directly into your project. Last but not least Apache IvyDE offer editors of ivy.xml and ivysettings.xml files with completion. Get some preview here:http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/screenshots.html
Major changes in this release:
* a synchronous resolve job has been introduced to take into account projet's inter dependencies and avoid too many workspace build,
* resolved classpath can now be based on retrieved artifacts,
* IvyDE retrieve feature can now be use on non Java projets
* this release is expected to work with every version of Ivy 2.1 or superior
* as for this release and the next ones, IvyDE now expects to be installed in Eclipse 3.4 or superior.
* the Eclipse updatesite has been upgrade and now only supports Eclipse 3.5 or superior. Eclipse 3.4 users can still install it manually.
This release is considered as beta since the important changes in IvyDE resolve feature. We encourage our early users to test it and report us any issue they found.