These packages contain XWin and the other X.Org X11 servers.
Upstream is considering the removal of the Xephyr, Xfake, Xnest and Xvfb
servers sometime after X11R7.7, to be replaced by invoking the Xorg server
with the xf86-video-dummy or xf86-video-nested drivers . To prepare for
this transition, some packaging changes have been made:
1) The Xephyr, Xfake, Xnest and Xvfb servers have been moved to a separate
2) A new xorg-server-common package contains X server common files. This
allows xorg-server-extra to be installed (e.g. for Xvfb) without installing
3) The xorg-server package now also contains the Xorg server, which can be
used with the xf86-video-dummy and xf86-video-nested drivers to provide dummy
and nested X servers.
4) The new xorg-server-devel package contains the SDK for building drivers and
extensions for the Xorg server.
Given setup limitations, some of the dependencies between these packages may
not be correct until they are promoted from test to current.
Also, I've made an effort to finish off a lot of my half-completed patches, so
this package contains numerous changes to cygwin-specific code.
This package is currently available as a test release, and will be made stable
in approximately one week if no major regressions are reported.
The following cygwin-specific changes have been made since 1.12.0-1:
* In multiwindow mode, the native window icon now updates if the X window
_NEW_WM_ICON icon hint changes
* In multiwindow mode, the native window styling now updates if the X window
styling hints change
* The _NET_WM_STATE_SKIP_TASKBAR hint is now implemented in multiwindow mode
* A crash caused by a race condition in the conversion of the window icon from
an X property to a Windows icon has been fixed (Reported by Ken Brown)
* In multiwindow mode, the native window now flashes on the taskbar if the X
window's urgency hint is set
* A bug which could cause the X server to use 100% of a core while waiting for
the X clipboard contents to be converted has been fixed 
* Fake XINERAMA data is now generated describing the native monitors when
multiplemonitor mode is enabled, allowing XINERAMA-aware X applications to
correctly place their windows so they don't get split between monitors.
* A couple of timing-sensitive failures in clipboard handling have been fixed.
* Lots of debugging improvements, correctness changes and obsolete cruft removed.
* Make it possible to build the Xorg server for Cygwin (Thanks to Yaakov
Selkowitz for patches)