On one suggestion a trunk is to be switched to R-T-C now,
a previous suggestion was to do it a week before the RC,
which hasn't come yet. As I consider this bug to be a blocker
for 3.4, and the change is nontrivial, and it needs to be
tried out as soon as possible, and it is much easier to
review it and try it when it is already committed to trunk,
I'm doing it now. (excuses, excuses, I know)
So here it is:
Bug 6654: Make sa-update and its infrastructure usable over IPv6
- let sa-update check whether it has inet and inet6 capabilities;
- add command line options -4 and -6 to be able to overrule a
default (which is to use whatever is available or both);
these options are modelled after their nameseke options
in telnet, ssh, curl, ...
- for consistency add an alias option -4 to spamd too
(alias for --ipv4);
- as the LWP module does not understand IPv6, trick it by
hotpatching IO::Socket::INET6 over IO::Socket::INET,
as sugested by the Net::INET6Glue::INET_is_INET6 module;
- btw, slightly generalize a do_txt_query into do_dns_query,
we may decide to do additional tests on host addresses
in URLs to avoid some ugly warnings from LWP;
- btw, do not treat user data as perl booleans;
- improved debugging messages a bit
Committed revision 1171657.
I tested it also on an IPv6-only host. Looks good (just the
initial MIRRORED.BY needs to be provided manually).
Please try it out. The choose_mirror() would probably benefit
by making it aware of multi-homed (or multiprotocol) hosts
to avoid some ugly warnings from LWP.