WARNING: This server is unstable and will be retired in the next days.
If you want to keep this forum available, please request immediately a migration
on the Nabble Support forum.
Forums that don't receive any migration request will be deleted forever.
could cause recursion if output_file_close () calls as_fatal or xexit
() on error conditions.
2. the [presumably intended] error reporting in write.c is unreachable
in the general case, since write_object_file () is not called when
there are errors.
3. There's another bit of error reporting later in as.c.
So this patch coalesces the error reporting, moves it to the at exit
action, and avoids the potential recursion on close errors.
Unfortunately, it can't be lightly applied - since the reporting of
error summary causes a lot of test-cases to need amendment. Thus I've
guarded that section of the code, and ports can enable it when they
have time to go through their test-cases and amend as necessary.
* write.c (write_object_file): Remove warning/error summaries.
* as.c (TC_WANTS_ERROR_SUMMARY): New.
(close_output_file): Allow for potential errors in the close routine.
Report warning and error summaries here.
(main): Don't report warnings as errors here.
* config/obj-macho.h (TC_WANTS_ERROR_SUMMARY): Define.