Welcome to Gutenprint 5.2.9, a stable release of Gutenprint 5.2.
This release fixes a few bugs in 5.2.8, including a critical versioning
error in that release. Distributors should immediately pick up this
release; for other users, it is less critical.
Gutenprint will run on any reasonably modern computer running Linux,
Macintosh OS X (10.3 or above), Solaris, or any other UNIX-like
operating system. If you plan to compile this package from source,
you will also need an ANSI C compiler, such as gcc (recommended). A
compiler is not required if you are installing a pre-compiled package.
A package for Macintosh OS X will follow shortly. We advise Macintosh
users to wait for that package rather than attempt to compile from
1) This release fixes an inappropriate change to the internal
library version number (.soname or equivalent) made in 5.2.8.
All distributors should immediately apply this update to their
distributions to avoid other software linking against
2) Duplicate Transparency entries in the media types for Canon
iP4100 and similar printers have been removed.
3) The range of fine position adjustment of CD media has been
increased for Epson printers.
4) The German translation has been updated.
5) Canon PIXMA Pro9000 plain media high quality mode bug fix.