I just finished building the latest svn from source and I spent several days to get all the pieces working. I thought I would share my experience. Here is all the pieces you need to build svn from scratch.
1. Berkley db-4.4.20
cd build_unix ../dist/configure --prefix=/opt/db-4.4.20 make make install
2. openldap 2.3.27 export LDFLAGS=-L/opt/db-4.4.20/lib export CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/db-4.4.20/include export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/db-4.4.20/lib ./configure --prefix=/opt/openldap-2.3.27 make make install
3. Make apache (Make sure you use apache 2.0.55, I could not get 2.2x working with webdav, dir locations are realtive to my environment, you should change them) export LDFLAGS=-L/opt/db-4.4.20/lib:/opt/openldap-2.3.27/lib export
CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/db-4.4.20/include:/opt/openldap-2.3.27/include export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/db-4.4.20/lib:/opt/openldap-2.3.27/lib
./configure --prefix=/opt/apache-2.0.55 --enable-mods-shared=all --enable-dav --enable-so --enable-maintainer-mode make make install
4. Make neon (make sure you use 0.25.5, dir locations are realtive to my environment, you should change them) ./configure --prefix=/opt/neon-0.25.5 CFLAGS='-fPIC'
make make install
5. Make subversion ./configure --prefix /opt/subversion-1.4.0 --with-apr=/home/g031491/download/httpd-2.0.55/srclib/apr --with-apr-util=/home/g031491/download/httpd-2.0.55/srclib/apr-util --with-apxs=/opt/apache-2.0.55/bin/apxs --with-neon=/opt/neon-0.25.5
make clean make
If you follow the versions correctly, you should be able to build svn with no issue. After building svn
"svn --version' commnd should show following result:
The following repository access (RA) modules are available:
* ra_dav : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV (DeltaV) protocol. - handles 'http' scheme * ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol. - handles 'svn' scheme * ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk. - handles 'file'