WARNING: This server is unstable and will be retired in the next days.
If you want to keep this forum available, please request immediately a migration
on the Nabble Support forum.
Forums that don't receive any migration request will be deleted forever.
>>> I think that getting the fix into a point release ie. 6.1 as a
>>> backport to 11.85 would be reasonable.
>> I agree - delaying squeeze because of that would be ridiculous.
> Right. So, what's the next step? Wait for the auctex maintainer?
> Proceed with a unstable NMU? Something else?
The usual thing with auctex would be to prepare an NMU, test it
thoroughly, get some feedback and a better package; then upload it to
the 10-days delayed queue. The next day, Davide (the so-called
maintainer) will show up and say he'll fix it himself soon. About a day
before your upload would enter unstable, he'll upload his version with a
completely different approach to fixing things. Which might be better or
even miss things, but will never be discussed.
Or something like this. Still, if you don't prepare an NMU, chances are
nothing's going to happen until, err, what's the successor of squeeze
going to be called?
Dr. Frank Küster
VCD Miltenberg, ADFC Aschaffenburg-Miltenberg
B90/Grüne KV Miltenberg
Debian Developer (TeXLive)