> Quoting Ralf Lang <lang@...>:
>>>> I think we began changing the Wiki page to "Horde 4.1 not planned"
>>>> before it went into maint.
>>> I would love to start breaking BC and removing deprecated stuff, since
>>> it seemed like half of the work/fixes I did this evening was figuring
>>> out how to keep compatibility rather than fixing the problem.
>>> But I also think before we start work on Horde 5 we should probably
>>> decide on how (or if) to setup the git repo differently than what we
>>> currently have. Meaning: separate git repos for each
>>> application/framework going forward?
>> Don't know if we shouldn't postpone this repo reorg to release time.
> I would vehemently disagree with this statement. The time to change
> repo structure must occur during the developmental window, not right
> after the first stable version is released. What if we discover
> that we can't accommodate a new structure under Horde 5, as released?
We'd stick to the monolithic repository for Horde 5 then and would
prepare Horde 6 in the splitted repository.
Question is: Are there issues to be expected that will bite us later
in case we go with a monolithic repo for the switch from Horde 4 to