WARNING: This server is unstable and will be retired in the next days.
If you want to keep this forum available, please request immediately a migration
on the Nabble Support forum.
Forums that don't receive any migration request will be deleted forever.
meh that doesn't look nice. Is there no better way to get it? Let me guess: the language from nvidia_settings does not have to be the same as returned by QLocale::system()?
On November 9th, 2011, 10:06 p.m., Thomas Lübking wrote:
LOCAL(E) issue - for some reason, kwin thinks the locale is "C" but nvidia-settings thinks it's de_DE.UTF-8 (as set in the boot var) - might be because arch recently changed the system and KDM doesn't read in wherever this ends (i just blindly followed their instructions ;-)
As a broadsword solution, the coming patches set the locale for the nvidia-settings process environment (to "C") and then QLocale::c().toFloat() is used. This works always ;-)
(Note to self: as soon as world domination reached, enforce common global language. <- there's no smiley)
On November 12th, 2011, 6:48 p.m., Fredrik Höglund wrote:
Does NVIDIA support GLX_OML_sync_control? If it does you can get the refresh rate with glXGetMscRateOML().
nope - not on this board (but it is the main driver, not the legacy one)
On November 10th, 2011, 4:30 p.m., Thomas Lübking wrote:
Review request for kwin and Martin Gräßlin.
By Thomas Lübking.
Updated Nov. 10, 2011, 4:30 p.m.
This performs a paint & glFlush immediately after the buffer swapping and defers the next swapping to the next anticipated frame (or idling)
The behavior is still not as deterministic as we hoped to be since we cannot measure the time for the actual vsync :\
I set a fuzzyness of 6ms what leads to a majority of 2-3ms times in waitsync but single wait times up to 8 or 9ms occur (what ultimately can be part of the syncing itself)
There's some debug code to print lagging.
- attempt egl support
- probably lie to the effects about the time
I've used a CRT for testing which can sync every 11ms ie. 85Hz and lowered the maxFPS down to 10fps with pretty constant results for the time lost waiting for the sync.