* New user preferences configuration file $HOME/.minedrc.
* Backarrow now also performs dual-mode function like Del
(delete selection if active, or character left).
* Revamped keypad function modes and their setup, including
more interoperable handling of Home/End keys.
* Enabled opening flag menu on terminals missing mouse
right-click support (e.g. gnome-terminal).
* Revamped keypad function assignments, esp. for Shift-select mode.
* Support for Windows clipboard (Windows and cygwin version only)
* Mouse moving interaction works in rxvt-unicode / urxvt as well.
* Shift-selection works in DOS version as well (key and mouse).
* Fixed terminal detection and attribute handling for 'screen'.
* Fixed paste buffer to work in DOSBox and Android.
Mined is a powerful text editor with a comprehensive yet concise and
easy-to-use user interface supporting modern interaction paradigms,
and fast, small-footprint behaviour.
Mined provides both extensive Unicode and CJK support offering many
specific features and covering special cases that other editors
are not aware of (like auto-detection features and automatic handling
of terminal variations, or Han character information).
Mined supports full mouse control and menu system in plain-text terminals
(and it was the first editor supporting Unicode in xterm).
Mined offers a full set of text and file management features, like
data loss prevention (<img align=absmiddle src=new-rot.gif title=2011.19>
using backup, recovery files, and file locking
interoperable with other editors, and file change monitoring),
an interactive file chooser, and
an interactive file switcher.
Basically, mined is an editor tailored to reliable and efficient
editing of plain text documents and programs, with comfortable
features and intuitive interactive behaviour designed for this purpose.