I have updated the specification for Selectors API Level 1, which is
currently in CR.
Most of it was editorial in nature, to bring it in line with Selectors
API Level 2, except without adding any of the new features like
findAll() or or matches().
Importantly, the IDL has now been updated to comply with the most recent
WebIDL specificiation. This was basically to split it up into 3 partial
interfaces, just like what was previously done in v2.
Some of the prose was rewritten, but none of the changes should
adversely affect implementation requirements. This was mostly done by
back porting the content from v2, but while ensuring that all the
normative references still refer to the older, stable specs. (e.g.
DOM3Core instead of using DOM4, as is used in the v2 draft.) This now
makes v1 a proper subset of v2.
In the process, I also made a few minor editorial changes to v2 just to
tidy it up.
At this stage, we should be able to publish v1 as a revised CR, or
possibly move it up to PR. We can also publish v2. as a new WD.
Alternatively, we could forgo any further progress with v1 and let v2
supersede it entirely, at which point I could simply rename it back to
"Selectors API" without a version number and move on. (This is my