What search features does Nabble provide?
Nabble allows many flavors of forum-specific search, and for every search, you can set up a search-triggered alert to get email alert for new posts matching your search.
- You can search entire Nabble, then narrow your search result by forum hierarchy and categories.
- You can search within a forum or category to include all child forums below.
- Your can find a list of forums whose name or description match your search keyword. The matched forums are shown at the top of the search result.
- You can narrow your search result by date.
- You can search messages by user. Click a user name link to go to the user's posts page, search from there. Then you can narrow your search result by date, by forum or category, or by both.
- Nabble search supports keyword stemming, i.e. search, searching, searched, searches ...
After making a search, you will see 3 small-font links behind the search button:
- Alert me of new posts
Click this link to set up an alert for any new posts that match your search query. This means you can get an instant alert when there is a new post matching a certain keyword, or by an author, or in a certain forum, or matching any combination.
- Advanced search
Click this link to see all the advanced options for search. You can search forum title, thread subject, author name, negative match, specific dates, or any combination.
- Show tips
Click this link to see quick tips for advanced search options. You can do fuzzy match or nested search criteria here, and some regular expressions too.
If you still have questions, visit Nabble Help or the Old Nabble Support forum.
« Go Back